Sunday 18 November 2007

BEING RADICAL!!

Today I heard a sermon I thought was specifically delivered for me... I heard every word and absorbed it like a dry sponge would absorb a drop of water... I literally felt as if my brain was a sponge.. anyways... some really thought provoking words.. and then here are the electrical impulses from my brain converted to some chain of words...

Jesus was a radical person... I believe he still is because he claims that he is the one who doesnt change. He stood and died for what he preached and practiced. He was not afraid to unleash his anger. He was not afraid to speak out against what he didnt approve of. He was outspoken. He wanted the world to know what he stood for. He wanted to make changes.. thats what being radical is all about. He was against legalism in the society prevalent at that time, and I believe he doesnt appreciate the legalism we see in our contemporary society either. We cannot be conservative Christians,we have to be radical. We have to act and start practicing what we believe in. Do we believe in Jesus Christ? Do we believe in the many rules and regulations laid down by our churches of today? The many variants in the name of denominations that we follow as modern Christians have their doctrines and then there are rules of conduct. Sometimes I feel, they are more like laws.. and we tend to follow them,which is not bad in most situations,and then there are times when these laws govern us when love should be the law.

A lot of times I find myself thinking of what would Jesus do.. in certain situations and circumstances.. and i find myself trying to decipher his personality and character from a psychological point of view and then sort of weigh his actions according to what i think I've found out.. He's not an easy person to walk with.. mostly he doesnt deal with things the way many of us would.. I dont want to say i know what his nature is.. because I dont know a lot.. but I have tried to take that image of him as GOD aside for the time being and focus on him as a human being who's walked this earth.. then it becomes easy for me to relate with him.. and try ... to be radical in his manner..

This is only the beginning... there are miles n miles to be covered... the journey I've embarked upon.. there are endless possibilities with him... and one thing I've found out is that if u walk with him.. you are nothing but radical.. changes happen with him.. and for good..

1 comment:

Philo said...

Hi,
I ziah hi ka la chhiar ang...just wanted to touch base with what's been cooking for you. Swing by my blog too.