Friday 2 November 2007

Prayer..


I am reading a book by Bill Hybels - Too busy not to pray.. a book about prayer... I've read this book while I was in college.. in LHMC... Mark Delaney lent it to me and I lost it because I passed it on... and this time,it is Celine who's LENT it to me.. I am determined not to lose it this time... well.. thats not the important thing is...


My trouble with prayers is that unless it is something more or less equivalent to a miracle that I need.. I dont usually pray with my heart.. the chapter that I read talk about not praying because we think that GOD is incapable to doing things... I dont have that problem.... My problem is that I do believe that GOD can do everything.. my problem is that I usually assume he will not want to give me what I ask for so a lot of times I end up praying without actually hoping to receive what I am asking for unless I am asking him to make me pass an exam ( in that case, I summon all the faith in the deep caverns of my soul...ha ha ha)... The trouble is that he knows everything and can do anything.. and most of all,he knows what's best for us... so he ends up answering our prayers so as to suit what is best for us and not necessarily what we want or what we asked for...


I am a restless person.. I have realized this world is never going to be peaceful.. there will be wars.. people will die and it will be horrible.. and then there are the personal tragedies ... heart-matters... and then more of them.... I cant wait for the day I will die... the day I will have the Sweet Escape from the troubles of this world and then I will see the one I am praying to face to face... but before that... there are miles to go... millions to meet... and then .... there are fields ripe with harvest.... wheeeeeeeeeeee

No comments: